The Department of Home Affairs at the Australian Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City and the Australian Embassy in Hanoi processes most visa applications and some citizenship applications for residents of Vietnam. The information in this website is meant as supplementary, country specific information to that contained in the main Home Affairs website - http://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/.
Latest News and Changes
The following changes take effect from 2 March 2019
- All applications for Medical Treatment Visas (Subclass 602) must be lodged online via ImmiAccount.
The following changes took effect from 1 July 2018
- Partner (Subclass 309/100) and Prospective Marriage visa (Subclass 300) applications must be lodged online via ImmiAccount.
- Applications for all Transit visas (Subclass 771) must be lodged online via ImmiAccount.
For information about lodging online, please see Online Visa Lodgement.
- The Australian Visa Application Centre in Hanoi, Vietnam is moving to a new location from 26 January 2019
- Changing your address/passport details
- Effective from 1 November 2017, Australian visa applicants should make an appointment for submission of their visa applications or enrollment of Biometrics at the Australian Visa Application Centre (AVAC).
- The Australian Government announces it will enhance the way visa and citizenship services are delivered using the latest digital technologies
- New Proposed Temporary Sponsored Parent Visa - Frequently Asked Questions
- Welfare arrangements for students under 18 and Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- Online visa lodgement
- Tuberculosis warning for international students
- Current scams you should be aware of – migration fraud
Fees & Application Forms
The current fee and application form for visas is available on the Department of Home Affairs website. Fees and Charges
Visa and Citizenship Options
- Find a Visa - Australian Visa Wizard
- Temporary Work
- Temporary Activity
- Skilled Work
- Family Migrants
- Returning Residents
- Work and Holiday Visa
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about visa applications in Vietnam
- Where to Apply
- Application Checklists
- After you apply
- Fees and Charges
- Processing Times
- Australia's Health Requirements
- Biometrics Collection for Visa Applicants in Vietnam
- Visa labels
- Migration fraud
- Contact us
We value your feedback, compliments, complaints or suggestions. See: Provide Feedback
Last updated 1 March 2019