The Department of Home Affairs at the Australian Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City and the Australian Embassy in Hanoi processes most visa applications and some citizenship applications for residents of Vietnam. The information in this website is meant as supplementary, country specific information to that contained in the main Home Affairs website - http://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/.
Latest News and Changes
LODGEMENT OF VISITOR AND TEMPORARY WORK VISAS FOR TRAVEL DURING THE CHRISTMAS AND VIETNAMESE NEW YEAR PERIOD:
The Australian Embassy and Australian Consulate-General in Vietnam will be closed over the Christmas (December 2018) and Vietnamese New Year (February 2019) periods.
If you are planning to travel to Australia over the festive periods, please lodge your Visitor (subclass 600) and Temporary Work (subclass 400) visa applications before the following dates:
- Intending to travel for Christmas 2018: lodge by Friday 23 November 2018
- Intending to travel for Vietnamese New Year (Tet) 2019: lodge by Friday 28 December 2018
For applications lodged after these dates for travel during peak periods, the Visa Office may not be able to make a decision before your intended date of travel.
The following changes take effect from 1 July 2018
- Partner (Subclass 309/100) and Prospective Marriage visa (Subclass 300) applications must be lodged online via ImmiAccount.
- Applications for all Transit visas (Subclass 771) must be lodged online via ImmiAccount.
For information about lodging online, please see Online Visa Lodgement.
Applications for the following visas must be lodged at the Perth Child and Other Family Processing Centre:
- Aged Dependent Relative (Subclass 114)
- Remaining Relative (Subclass 115)
- Carer (Subclass 116)
Further information is available on the Department of Home Affairs website at: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/News/Pages/changes-to-lodgement-methods-for-family-stream.aspx
- Changing your address/passport details
- Effective from 1 November 2017, Australian visa applicants should make an appointment for submission of their visa applications or enrollment of Biometrics at the Australian Visa Application Centre (AVAC).
- The Australian Government announces it will enhance the way visa and citizenship services are delivered using the latest digital technologies
- New Proposed Temporary Sponsored Parent Visa - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Welfare arrangements for students under 18 and Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- Online visa lodgement
- Tuberculosis (TB) warning for international students
- Current scams you should be aware of – migration fraud
Fees & Application Forms
The current fee and application form for visas is available on the Department of Home Affairs website. Fees and Charges
Visa and Citizenship Options
- Find a Visa - Australian Visa Wizard
- Temporary Work
- Temporary Activity
- Skilled Work
- Family Migrants
- Returning Residents
- Work and Holiday Visa
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about visa applications in Vietnam
- Where to Apply
- Application Checklists
- After you apply
- Fees and Charges
- Processing Times
- Australia's Health Requirements
- Biometrics Collection for Visa Applicants in Vietnam
- Visa labels
- Migration fraud
- Contact us
We value your feedback, compliments, complaints or suggestions. See: Provide Feedback
Last updated 17 October 2018