COVID-19: For Australians returning to Australia
Please visit our COVID-19 Information page to find out about the latest flight options and entry requirements into Australia.
COVID-19: Online Passport Application
From 3 September 2021, customers in Vietnam who have been issued with a 10-year Australian passport since 2005 or who are applying for a child passport will be able to upload their application via the Australian Passport Office website.
In order to use new digital upload function, you must:
- be located in Vietnam
- have held a 10-year Australian Passport since 2005; or
- be lodging an application for a child in Vietnam
If you do not meet the above criteria, this option is not available to you and you must lodge your Australian passport application in person at the Australian Consulate-General, Ho Chi Minh City when the office is re-open to the public.
Accessing the new document upload function on the Australian Passport Office website
For customers in Vietnam who meet the above criteria, follow the steps below to lodge your passport application:
- Complete the application form online
- Upload the application form, supporting documents, digital photo and payment authorisation
Once your digital application is assessed (note this may take up to 4 days), you will receive an email from [email protected] to finalise the payment authorisation.
You will be also contacted if:
- the application is for a child
- there is a problem with what you have submitted
- you are not eligible for this service
Once your passport has been finalised it will be sent directly to your nominated address in Vietnam.
Please note that if the residential and delivery address is not in Vietnam, the new upload function will not become available at the application stage.
If you face any issues when completing the passport application or during the account registration process, please email [email protected].
For Australians needing consular assistance
For consular assistance in Vietnam:
For urgent consular assistance outside of business hours, the Consular Emergency Centre (CEC) in Canberra provides 24-hour support for Australians with serious and urgent needs. It is also for the friends and family of Australians overseas.
For urgent consular assistance, contact the CEC on:
Visas and Migration
Novel coronavirus and Australian visas
The Australian government has announced measures to ensure the health, safety and well-being of the Australian community, including implementing travel restrictions. Visa applicants and travellers should view the latest information available on the Department of Home Affairs website.
We strongly encourage you to apply online for any visas to Australia.
Did you know, online visa applications are assessed several weeks faster than a paper application?
More information about Visa and Migration for clients in Vietnam.
Attention All Visitors To The Australian Consulate-General
- Airport style security screening is in place at the Australian Consulate-General.
- As a condition of entry to the Consulate, visitors will be asked to leave all sharp or dangerous objects, cigarette lighters, oils and liquids with the guards for collection when departing the Consulate.