The Australian Consulate-General will be closed from 31 January 2022 to 04 February 2022 in observance of TET Holidays. The office will re-open on 07 February 2022.
For 24-hour Emergency Consular assistance, please call:
- +84 28 3521 8100 and follow the prompts
- or +61 2 6261 1490 (international call to Australia)
COVID-19: For Australians returning to Australia
- To find out the latest re-entry and quarantine measures into Australia visit Smartraveller: Re-entry and quarantine | Smartraveller
- For specific information on travelling from Vietnam to Australia, including questions on vaccination certificates, visit our COVID-19 webpage and FAQs below:
For Australians needing consular assistance
For consular assistance in Vietnam:
For urgent consular assistance outside of business hours, the Consular Emergency Centre (CEC) in Canberra provides 24-hour support for Australians with serious and urgent needs. It is also for the friends and family of Australians overseas.
For urgent consular assistance, contact the CEC on:
Attention: Vietnam to cease the 'automatic entension of stay' policy
As Vietnam reopens for regular international flights, starting on 15 January 2022 the Vietnamese Immigration Department will cease the ‘automatic extension of stay’ policy for foreign nationals. We encourage Australians to review their visa status and if necessary leave Vietnam to avoid overstaying their visa. For further information or if you have any queries, please contact the Vietnamese Immigration Department of the Ministry of Public Security.
Visas and Migration
Visa applicants and travellers should view the latest information available on the Department of Home Affairs website. We strongly encourage you to apply online for any visas to Australia.
Read more: Visas and Immigration (consulate.gov.au)
For all visa enquiries, please submit a request using the Australian Immigration Enquiry form
. This is the only way to contact the Department of Home Affairs regarding your visa.
The Consulate phone number is staffed by Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade employees who are unable to answer visa enquiries. All visa eniquires must be submitted using the Australian Immigration Enquiry form
You can also call the Home Affairs Global Service Centre number on +61 2 6196 0196, open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (local time).
Did you know, online visa applications are assessed several weeks faster than a paper application?
More information about Visa and Migration for clients in Vietnam.
Attention All Visitors To The Australian Consulate-General
- Airport style security screening is in place at the Australian Consulate-General.
- As a condition of entry to the Consulate, visitors will be asked to leave all sharp or dangerous objects, cigarette lighters, oils and liquids with the guards for collection when departing the Consulate.