The Australian Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City is currently seeking final year students or recent university or college graduates to undertake work experience placements/internship for various sections within the Australian Consulate General.
Work experience placements/internships at the Australian Consulate General are voluntary, non-remunerated positions which provide an opportunity for individuals to gain work experience and develop their skills and knowledge for a specific career. Those undertaking work experience placements/internships are not entitled to a job at the conclusion of the internship.
Expatriate work experience placements/internships at the Australian Consulate General are conditional on the relevant authorities in Vietnam granting a visa for the period of the placement.
The Australian Consulate General is located at Level 20, Vincom Center, 47 Ly Tu Trong Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City with maximum placements of 3 months.
The successful applicants will perform the following duties:
- Provide general administrative and logistics support for the office, functions and events;
- Assist officers in conducting basic research and prepare reports on related issues;
- Assist with arranging appointments and official visits as required; and
- Perform translation and interpretation as necessary.
Required qualification and Skills
- Final year student or a recent university or college graduate with a degree in one of the following majors: international relations, international law, foreign trade, public affairs, journalism, communications, agriculture, accounting, HR or IT;
- High competency in Microsoft Office applications;
- Effective organisational skills;
- Good communication skills in English and Vietnamese;
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Attention to detail; and
- Willingness to learn new skills.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should submit an expression of interest of no more than 1 page specifying your suitability for the internship as well as an updated CV to HCHI.Jobs@dfat.gov.au, by 5:00pm (Ho Chi Minh City Time) 09 March 2018.
THE AUSTRALIAN CONSULATE GENERAL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER