Australian Consulate-General
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Getting Married Overseas

Applying For A Certificate Of No Impediment To Marriage

If you are an Australian citizen or a citizen of another country domiciled in Australia who intends to get married in Vietnam, you are required to include a “Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage” (CNI) in your marriage application, which is submitted to Vietnamese authorities. It is the Vietnamese government that has the authority to solemnise marriages in Vietnam. You will still need to get married after you are issued a CNI.

Certificate of no impediment to marriage – Form | Procedure