Online visa lodgement for groups
Frequently Asked Questions
· You can use online services for most visa applications through our ImmiAccount portal
· If you are travelling with other people, you can use the Group Processing option to link your visa applications together as a group.
· Each person must still provide their details and supporting (scanned) documents in their own visa application
Each application will still be considered on its merits. There is no guarantee of the same outcome for all applicants in the group.
Lodging online applications as a group allows you to:
· Make one payment for all the visa application charges (see FAQ 6, below)
· Save on additional lodgement fees that may apply to paper applications
· Save and continue an application later
· Update an application, personal details, or provide supporting evidence at any time
· check the status of the application online
· access ‘My Health Declarations’ to manage any medical examinations which may be needed.
It also allows the Visa Office to:
· Clearly identify applicants travelling together
· Manage the applications more efficiently (most group applications are managed at the same time).
· Choose the Group Processing option when you start the process in the ImmiAccount portal.
· The first member of the group to lodge the application should create the group and choose a Group Name and select a Group Type. A Group ID will then be created.
· Other members of the group should enter the Group ID when they lodge their applications.
· Please do not use the same Group ID for applicants who are not travelling together.
· Any clear name - such as your family name, business name, or travel purpose
· Do not include any special characters such as #, @, or %.
Choose the Group Type that applies most closely to the group’s circumstances. For example
· Family - if you are travelling with relatives such as parents, children or siblings.
· School / study - if you are travelling as part of an organised study tour group.
· Incentive tour - if you are travelling as part of an organised business incentive tour group.
· Friends - if you are travelling with friends.
· Work / employer - if you are travelling with work colleagues or in a business delegation.
· Other – if none of the listed Group Types above apply
Pay as a group
A nominated person can submit all the applications for people in a group (for example in a family) and may wish to pay for them all.
· At the end of each application, do not click “submit now”. Instead, save it and commence the next application.
· Go to the My Applications screen when you are ready to submit all the applications together
· Select the checkbox against all the applications you want to submit and pay for.
· Click “submit now”.
· You will be taken to the payment screen and can make one payment for all the selected applications.
Alternatively, a person can commence an application, save it, and then ‘send’ it to another ImmiAccount account holder to submit and pay for together with other applications.
· Use the Group ID when lodging an application (see FAQ 3 above)
· Click ‘submit now’ at the end of an application.
· Complete the payment details to lodge the application.
More information about using ImmiAccount is available online.
Last updated 020819