EXPECTED VACANCY - AUSTRALIAN CONSULATE-GENERAL
HO CHI MINH CITY
CONSULAR and PASSPORT OFFICER
PN HCHI018 – LES 3
Monthly salary range: VND 24,236,342 – VND 26,655,892
The Australian Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City is seeking a self-motivated, well-organised and qualified candidate for an expected vacancy to fill the position of Consular and Passport Officer. This role is both challenging and rewarding and we are looking for someone who thrives in a team environment and enjoys delivering a high standard of customer service, even when working under pressure or in distressing circumstances. The Consular and Passport Officer is the face to our organisation and as you will be working closely with our clients on a daily basis, a true desire to help others is must for this role.
This position will be offered to the successful candidate on a 12 month contractual basis. Selection for this position will be based on merit and judged against the following specific selection criteria.
- You must have advanced communication skills with the ability to translate and interpret technical, legal and medical information between English and Vietnamese, both in the office and when liaising with government officials and agencies on behalf of the Australian government and your clients.
What would really make you stand out is that you have studied or worked in Australia and have a good understanding of Australian culture.
- You must have a proven ability to work as part of a team, determine priorities and work effectively with your colleagues to achieve competing priorities. You should be able to demonstrate your sound judgement in achieving your work, management of time effectively, ability to understand, and implement specified procedures, and identify possible risks that could affect outcomes.
What would really make you stand out is demonstrated leadership.
- You must be passionate about customer service and have demonstrated work experience and/or educational training that highlights your skills.
What would really make you stand out to us is experience with helping clients through distressing or difficult situations.
- You must have experience liaising with high level officials either in local or foreign government agencies, or multinational organisations.
What would really make you stand out is experience with the diplomatic community.
- You must have experience with the Microsoft Office suite of programs and use IT equipment effectively.
To be considered for interview, applicants must address each of these selection criteria individually to a maximum of two pages. Applicants that fail to address the selection criteria or who do not include referees will not be considered.
Only electronic applications will be accepted and should be submitted via email (max. 2 MB) to:
With the subject of: CONSULAR and PASSPORT OFFICER POSITION (insert your name here)
The email cover letter to your application must include the following attachments:
- Written statement addressing each point of the selection criteria
- Resume (with referees including email and telephone contacts)
- Supporting documents, evidence of resume claims
Position Description is available here.
Closing date for applications is 22 January 2018.
Applicants will be shortlisted and undergo English-language testing prior to group and/or selection panel interview.