Please download the relevant checklist and attach it to your application.
Australian citizenship by descent
* Important: please read this Fact Sheet if you are considering adopting a child in Vietnam.
** During the adoption process, the Vietnamese authorities will ask you to provide a ‘to whom it may concern expatriate adoption letter’. To obtain this please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of the biopage of your passport and your postal address. The Consulate will send you a ‘to whom it may concern’ letter to give to the Vietnamese authorities. Please note that the letter is not related to the subsequent process of obtaining an Australian visa for the child, and in no way guarantees what the visa decision might be.
- Aged Dependent Relative visa (Subclass 114)
- Remaining Relative visa (Subclass 115)
- Carer visa (Subclasses 116)
- Further information about Other Family visas lodged in Vietnam
Student and Student Guardian visas
- Visitor Visa (Subclass 600)
- Medical Treatment visa (Subclass 602)
- Transit visa (Subclass 771)
Last updated 12 July 2016